Banana - Vintage Botanical Poster
Musa Paradisiaca by Pierre-Joseph Redoute.
Musa Paradisiaca is an Illustration from a rare Botanical Book, "Les Liliacées" by Pierre-Joseph Redoute (1759-1840). Published by Imprimerie de Didot jeune in 1816.
Pierre-Joseph Redouté was an Artist, Botanist from the Netherlands and was well-known for his watercolours of Roses, Lilies and other flowers at Malmaison. He was dubbed “the Raphael of flowers" and is recognised as one of the greatest Botanical Illustrators of all time. He was a court artist of Queen Marie Antoinette and he continued working through the French Revolution. Redouté endured the tumultuous political mayhem and achieved international recognition for his accurate illustration of plants.Redouté collaborated with the prominent botanists of his day and participated in numerous publications depicting both the common flowers of the French court and plants from places as distant as Japan, America, South Africa, and Australia.
- The 'Banana, Musa Paradisiaca' Poster is a reproduction of an Illustration from a rare Botanical Book.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Botanical Poster - Banana, Musa Paradisiaca
- Designer: Vintage Botanical
- Product Code: VBP-112 -Banana, Musa Paradisiaca
- Availability: In Stock