Flying Down to Rio - Vintage Movie Poster (1933)
Flying Down to Rio’ starring the legendary Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire.The original colour lithographic poster was created to promote the musical ‘Flying Down to Rio’ starring the legendary Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire in 1933.
A candidly delightful musical about an star-crossed romance, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire stole the show with their quick-stepping, jazzy number ‘Carioca’ while America was still in the midst of the Great Depression in 1933. The irresistible excitement of Astaire and Rogers’s performances could only have lifted the audience’s spirits. This stunning Dutch theatrical poster illustrated the film’s theme of flying.
The black-and-white film (later computer-colourised) was directed by Thornton Freeland and produced by Merian C. Cooper and Lou Brock. The screenplay was written by Erwin S. Gelsey, H.W. Hanemann and Cyril Hume, based on a story by Lou Brock and a play by Anne Caldwell. Linwood Dunn did the special effects for the celebrated airplane-wing-dance sequence at the end of the film.
- The “Flying Down to Rio - Dutch Film” Poster is a reproduction of an original Vintage Movie Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Flying Down to Rio - Dutch Film Poster
- Product Code: VHMP-126_Flying-Down-to-Rio-1933
- Availability: In Stock