Fall of the Rebel Angels - Fine Art Poster
Archangel Michael fighting Rebel Angels, (1720) by Sebastiano Ricci.Sebastiano Ricci (1659-1734) was an Italian painter of the late Baroque school of Venice. The Painting is based on a scene is from the Bible, The book of Revelation 12:7-9:
 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,  but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.  So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
In plain English, the painting tells a story about a war that broke out in Heaven as the angel Lucifer rebelled against God. Archangel Michael defeated the angels who rose up against God and he threw them out of Heaven. All the fallen angles, including Lucifer, fell down from heaven into the Earth and created a crater which became Hell. Saint Michael is seen here fighting Gods adversaries, brandishing his sword and shield which shines with heavenly light.
- This "Fall of the Rebel Angels by Sebastiano Ricci" Poster is a reproduction from an original photograph.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Fine Art Poster - Fall of the Rebel Angels
- Product Code: FAE-110 -Fall of the Rebel Angels
- Availability: In Stock