CHAT NOIR - Art Nouveau Poster
A beautifully Illustrated Lithographic 1899 Poster.
Artist: Théophile Alexandre Steinlen
Title : CHAT NOIR, Ce Soir [Black Cat, tonight]
Théophile Alexandre Steinlen, frequently referred to as just Steinlen (1859 – 1923), was a Swiss-born French Art Nouveau painter and printmaker.
This poster was produced for the “Chat Noir” a cabaret located on the Boulevard de Rochechouart . It was a fashionable must go Parisienne cabaret at the end of the 19th Century. The owner of “Chat Noir”, Rodolphe Salis opened the cabaret in 1881. The story goes that, the name originated after Salis adopted a lost Black Kitten.
- The 'CHAT NOIR, Ce Soir' Poster is a digital reproduction of a Vintage Art Nouveau Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Art Nouveau Poster - CHAT NOIR
- Designer: Art Nouveau
- Product Code: ANP-110 -Theophile Alexandre Steinlen - Chat Noir
- Availability: In Stock