Cobb & Co. - The Age 1932 - Australian Poster
Vintage Melbourne - Cobb & Co. Coach in front of The Age Office 1932.A wonderful old photograph taken in 1932 of a Cobb & Co. coach in front of the old Age Office which once stood at 239-241 Collins Street, Melbourne. The coach was on the way to the Melbourne Museum from Ballarat. The image is a true reminder of the old days in Melbourne; the horse drawn carriage, The Age building and the old vehicles. The Australian Women's Weekly sign and another promoting:
"Advertising Centenary Arts Ball - Wednesday Aug. 15th - 100% fun & frolic - single ticket 10'6 - Palais de Danse - St. Kilda".
Cobb & Co. coaches operated from the 1850s to the 1920s and being pre railway period, the principle means of transport in the colonies of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Settlers moving inland, new immigrants hopeful of success on the gold fields, shearers, agents, squatters, children and their parents; everyone used Cobb & Co. stage coaches to move, as efficiently as was possible, around the colonies.
- The "Cobb & Co. The Age Office" Poster and Art Print is a reproduction of an original Australian Vintage Photograph.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Australian Photographic Poster - Cobb & Co - The Age Office
- Product Code: VPP-A-110 - Cobb & Co Coach -The Age Melbourne
- Availability: In Stock