Jane Avril at the Jardin de Paris - Art Nouveau Poster
Jane Avril was a French "Can-Can Dancer" made famous by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.
Jeanne Beaudon’s stage name was Jane Avriland it was given to her by her lover, the English poet and journalist Robert H. Sherard.
Lautrec was infatuated by Avril, her jerky movements and eccentric routines distinguished her as a unique performer. Here she is shown onstage at the Jardin de Paris, her legs in black-stockings raised high mid-kick. The extraordinary composition of this poster positions the viewer in the orchestra pit, looking past the neck and scroll of a double-bass to the bright skirts of Avril.
- The ' Jane Avril, Jardin de Paris' Poster is a reproduction of a Toulouse-Lautrec Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Art Nouveau Poster - Jane Avril, Jardin de Paris
- Designer: Art Nouveau
- Product Code: ANP-115_Lautrec_Jane-Avril-Jardin-de-Paris
- Availability: In Stock