Ben-Hur 1959 - Movie Poster
Ben-Hur the best of Hollywood’s Biblical Epics.
The movie was a huge commercial success and set a record for most Academy Awards.
The story followed the life of Judah Ben-Hur, played by Charlton Heston. Heston’s role as a young Jewish prince from a prominent family was cast perfectly and he received an Academy Award for his performance.
Everything about the production was gigantic! 300 sets covered over 340 acres. 50,000 people were used in the production of the film. The famous chariot race is to this day considered cinema’s most impressive action sequences and was shot in an 18 acre arena that took 40,000 tons of sand to make the track. 8,000 extras filled the stands and it took over three months to shoot that complete scene. MGM spent over $12.5 million and almost pushed itself into bankruptcy, but grossed over $40 million on the film.
The film received eleven Academy Awards, including best picture, best actor to Heston, best supporting actor to Griffith, and best director to Wyler. It took 50 years for the record to be equalled by "Titanic" in 1997 and then "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" in 2003.
- The '1959 Hen Hur' Movie Poster print is a reproduction of an original Vintage poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm]. A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Movie Poster - Ben-Hur 1959
- Designer: Retro Movie Posters
- Product Code: VHMP-111 -Ben Hur 1959 poster
- Availability: In Stock