Coffee - Coffea Arabica - Vintage Botanical Illustration Poster
Rare print from a Botanical Illustration from the late 1800's.
The Criginal Colour Lithographic Illustration was published by Forbe Co in Boston during the late 1800's.
Coffea Arabica is also known as the Arabian coffee is one of two main species species of Coffee that make up global coffee supply. Arabian coffee is believed to be the first species of coffee to be cultivated, and is the dominant cultivar and represents up to 60% of global production. Coffea Arabica is rather a small plant, 3-5m which produces abundant and high quality beans. Compared to the other species, Coffea robusta, Arabica is said to be less acidic, more flavourful and with a lower caffeine content.
An extract from the Manual of military hygiene for the military services of the United States
"Caffeine produces a slight increase of blood pressure and slowing of the pulse. It is our best cerebral stimulant, improving all the mental functions, causing clearness and rapidity of thought, alertness and wakefulness. It is also a typical motor stimulant, causing a decided increase in speed, as well as in the accuracy and coordination of movements. It enables the muscles to contract more vigorously, and without secondary depression, so that the sum total of muscular work is increased (H. C. Wood, Jr.) The real stimulation of caffeine does not begin until about an hour after ingestion and, so long as it is used in moderation, this stimulation is not followed by subsequent depression. Caffeine is also an active diuretic. When taken too freely, as coffee or tea, it is liable to cause general nervousness, irritability, insomnia, functional irregularity of the heart and derangement of all the digestive functions."
- The 'Coffee - Coffea Arabica' Poster is a reproduction of an Illustration from a rare Botanical Book.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Botanical Poster - Coffee - Coffea Arabica
- Designer: Vintage Botanical
- Product Code: VBP-130_Coffee-Coffea-Arabica
- Availability: In Stock