Basilica of St. Euphemia - Istrian Travel Poster
St George patron saint of Rovigno [Rovinj] and the first Church of St. George.
The story goes that the sarcophagus of St. Euphemia of Chalcedon who was martyred in 284AD found its way to Rovigno. The Church of St. George was small and pilgrims began arriving in their masses to view the Roman sarcophagus and the sacred contents.
The old church was a small, humble building and in 1736 over the remains of the older Church of St. George the people of Rovigno commenced on the construction of a magnificent Baroque style church.
The Basilica of St. Euphemia's bell tower was built during 1654–1680 and the design by by Antonio Manopola and based on tower of St Mark's Basilica in Venice.
This poster is dedicated to beautiful Maria who was born in Rovigno in 1926.
- The "Basilica of St. Euphemia" Poster is a reproduction of an original photograph.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available print sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Istrian Travel Poster - Basilica of St. Euphemia
- Product Code: VTP-C-110 -Basilica St Euphemia - Rovinj
- Availability: In Stock