W.C. Fields, Poker Face - Hollywood Photographic Poster
"there's only four Aces in the deck and the man who holds the first four wins..."
Mississippi is a black and white musical comedy film made in 1935. Staring, Bing Crosby, W. C. Fields, Joan Bennett and Queenie Smith. Directed by A. Edward Sutherland. Written by Francis Martin and Jack Cunningham, based on the play The Magnolia by Booth Tarkington...
A classic quote from Commodore Jackson (W. C. Fields)
"Whilst travelling through the Andes mountains, we lost our corkscrew. Had to live on food and water for several days!"
Born William Claude Dukenfield in 1880, he was better known as W. C. Fields.On account of a preponderance of made-up studio publicity, as well as Fields’s own fondness for lying about his past, most biographies of Fields are inaccurate. He died on Christmas Day, 1946, strangely fitting for a non-believer who once confessed to be studying the Bible “for loopholes.”
As an American comedian, actor, juggler and writer W.C Fields' comic facade was of someone who detested humanity, had a dislike, distrust of people and was a hard-drinking egotist. He also remained a sympathetic character regardless of his grumbling disapproval for dogs and children. His familiar trademarks were his raspy drawl and pompous vocabulary. His portrayal of this character in films and radio was, and still to this day remains so strong that it identifies with Fields himself.
- The 'W.C. Fields, Poker Face' poster is a reproduction and has been adapted from an original photograph.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Hollywood Photographic Poster - W.C. Fields-1935
- Product Code: MSP-120 -WC-Fields - Mississippi, Poker Face
- Availability: In Stock