Malvern Star - Vintage Australian Advertising Poster
The Cycle of Opperman.The original colour lithograph was created for for Malvern Star celebrating Australian cyclist Hubert Opperman's United Kingdom ride from Land's End to John O'Groats in 1934, during which he broke four cycling world records. The illustration features Hubert Opperman riding a red Malvern Star bicycle wearing a blue top and red shorts superimposed on an outline map of the Great Britain.
Sir Hubert Opperman was world famous and one of Australia's greatest cyclists of the 1920s and 1930s. He held at least 100 distance cycling records and four Australian Road Championships and set numerous paced and unpaced world records. He had a close personal and professional business relationship with Bruce Small and the Australian owned Malvern Star bicycle company which impacted on both his professional career and the success of the company.
- The "Malvern Star Opperman" print is a reproduction of a vintage poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm].
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage Advertising Poster - Malvern Star Opperman
- Product Code: VAP-AU-111_Malvern-Star_The-Cycle-of-Opperman
- Availability: In Stock