Marihuana -Root From Hell - Vintage Propaganda Poster
Marihuana - Weed with Roots in HellWhile marijuana had long been in common use in the United States, it was not considered to be a serious health problem until the 1930s. The Great Depression heightened fear of the effects of marijuana particularly the South and West of the country and it began to be identified as being as dangerous as heroin.
The film Marihuana: Weed with Roots in Hell took advantage of this fear, vividly portraying the depths of degradation the drug might produce. To entice the viewer to see this "daring drug exposé," this poster combines lurid descriptions of the "shame, horror, despair,…misery, weird orgies, unleashed passions" that marihuana can cause with vivid illustrations of the users themselves.
- The "Marihuana - Weed with Roots in Hell" Poster is a reproduction of a vintage poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage Propaganda Poster - Marihuana - Root From Hell
- Product Code: VPP-US-122_Marihuana-Root-From-Hell
- Availability: In Stock