Cognac Monnet - Vintage Promotional Poster
A magnificent poster by Leonetto Cappiello; advertising 'Cognac Monnet'.
Illustration a woman drinking from a large glass with text ”du soleil dans un verre”, translated... “Sun in a Glass”.
Leonetto Cappiello is recognised as the father of modern advertising posters, design and commercial products in advertisements similar to this for Monnet Cognac. This poster typifies the Art Deco style with its contemporary typeface and 1920s stylisation. The female figure symbolises the new modern woman—one who drinks cognac and dances in roaring 20’s dresses.
Leonetto Cappiello was one of history’s finest Poster Artists. He succeeded lithographers Toulouse-Lautrec (1864-1901), Jules Cheret (1836-1932) and Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939) as a prominent advertising poster designer.
While in Paris, Cappiello completed a number of poster designs for Italian publishers and global brand companies like Campari. Cappiello is still considered the father of modern advertising and was one of the most successful poster designers of the 20th century. He created more than 500 poster lithographs and influenced a new generation of graphic designers.
- The "Cognac Monnet by Cappiello" Poster is a reproduction of aVintage French Promotional Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage French Promotional Poster - Cognac Monnet
- Designer: Promotional - Vintage
- Product Code: VAP-F-111_Cognac-Monnet_Leonetto-Cappiello-(1875-1942)
- Availability: In Stock