Marlon Brando, The Wild One - Hollywood Photographic Poster
"Hey, Johnny, what are you rebelling against?"
The Wild One is a 1953 American film starring Marlon Brando. The Movie was directed by Laszlo Benedek and produced by Stanley Kramer. It is most celebrated for the character of Johnny Strabler (Marlon Brando), a character that became a cultural icon of the 1950’s. The Wild One is considered to be the first outlaw biker film ever made.
The screenplay was based on a short story "The Cyclists' Raid" by Frank Rooney, which was published in the January 1951 edition of Harper's Magazine. The story was inspired by a motorcycle rally held on the Fourth of July weekend in 1947 in Hollister, California.
The rally organised by an American Motorcyclist Association got out of control and the rebellious event was given national coverage in the July 21, 1947 issue of Life Magazine, featuring a staged photograph of a “wild” inebriated man on a motorcycle. The events, combined with the media reports, Rooney's formed the narrative and the film “The Wild One” form part of the legend of the Hollister riot.
A quote from Johnny:
"You think you're too good for me. Nobody's too good for me! Anybody thinks they're too good for me, I make sure I knock 'em over sometime. Right now, I could slap you around to show you how good you are and tomorrow, I'm some place else and I don't even know you or nothing. "
Marlon Brando was born in 1924 and died on the 1st of July 2004. He was a famous American actor, film director and a prominent political activist. He was activist for many causes, notably the Civil Rights Movement and several Native American movements. Brando is globally famous for his Academy Award-winning performances:
A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), Viva Zapata! (1952), Julius Caesar (1953), The Wild One (1953), On the Waterfront (1954), Guys and Dolls (1955), Sayonara (1957),
Reflections in a Golden Eye (1967), Last Tango in Paris (1972), Apocalypse Now (1979) and The Godfather (1972)
- The 'Marlon Brando, The Wild One' poster is a reproduction and is adapted from an original photograph.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Click here for more Steve McQueen Posters.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm]. A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Hollywood Photographic Poster - Steve McQueen, King of Cool
- Product Code: MSP-122 -Marlon Brando - The Wild One
- Availability: In Stock