Discover... Australia (ANTA)- Vintage Australian Travel Poster
Discover Australia, 1950's Tourist Poster.This Poster was commissioned by the Australian National Travel Association (ANTA) during the 1950's.
The ANTA was established in 1929 and commissioned many artists to produce tourism designs for Australian Travel Posters. Superb artworks created by accomplished artists were displayed in ANTA’s offices in London, San Francisco and Bombay. The ANTA was replaced by the Australian Tourist Commission (ATC) in 1967.
The original poster was created by Eileen Mayo and is a photo-lithograph. It features an emu and a bearded Indigenous Australian man wearing a ceremonial head-dress. The top border consists of Emu tracks and on the bottom, the word 'Australia' decorated in a traditional Indigenous Australian dot-painting style.
Eileen Mayo, an English-born artist, was and a freelance artist and a teacher at the National Art School in Sydney. She was commissioned to design posters for the Australian National Travel Association during the 1950’s and this poster is one of several remarkable designs that she created for ANTA..
- The "Discover Australia (ANTA)" poster is a reproduction of an original Vintage Tasmanian Travel Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm].
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage Travel Poster - Discover Australia (ANTA)
- Product Code: VTP-AU-146_Discover-Australia_Mayo-ANTA
- Availability: In Stock