Pneu-Velo Continental - Vintage French Poster
"As long as I have a Continental bike tyre"
The artwork for the original colour lithograph was created by Jean-Marie Michel Liebeaux also known as "Mich", for Continental Tyres. The poster illustrated a hobo riding a unicycle with his best friend trying to catch up beside him.
Michel Liebeaux was a French cartoonist and Poster designer who enjoyed success in the early twentieth century. He was born in Périgueux, is a town in the Dordogne region of south-western France, in 1881. He began his career by publishing cartoons and in 1904 he moved to Paris where his drawings were inspired by the style of Georges Goursat dit Sem, an illustrator, poster designer, caricaturist, worldly columnist, and French writer. His poster and cartoon works were published under the name of Mich, serving many brands, mainly related to the world of the cycles and the automobiles. He contributed to the periodicals L'Echo de Paris, Fantasio and La Vie Parisienne and in 1912, he exhibited at the Salon des humoristes. After 1918, he worked as a draftsman for the great sports daily of the time, L'Auto. Liébaux died at La Jaille-Yvon, Maine-et-Loire, in 1923.
- The "Pneu-Velo Continental" Poster is a reproduction of a Vintage French Promotional Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage French Promotional Poster - Pneu-Velo Continental
- Designer: Promotional - Vintage
- Product Code: VAP-F-116_Continental-Bike-Tyre
- Availability: In Stock