Usines Delin - Vintage Bicycle Advertising Poster
Usines DELIN, Societe Anonyme, Fabrique d’Automobiles et cycles.This wonderful 1898 poster designed by Georges Gaudy advertises Delin Cycles, Automobiles and Moteurs. The location given on the poster is LouVain Belgique, the Flemish region also known as Leuven. The publics fascination with these machines and modern transport, linked to concepts of technological progress was vividly reflected in advertising at the dawn of the 20th century.
Joseph Delin established a small small bicycle manufacturing business, Usines Delin in 1890. By in 1898 business transformed into a 4,000 square metre workshop and 250 employees, incorporating a forge, workshop for the construction of rims, workshop for auto mechanics, paintwork, upholstery, enamel, nickel plating and for the construction of bicycles). Delin's first motorcycles were developed in 1901, incorporating a longitudinal engine and a cardan drive system designed by his engineer Eugène Matthieu. Joseph Delin died during that year and Eugène Matthieu took control of the business. The motorcycles were also marketed in Belgium under the name Derby, and were sold in the Netherlands, the UK, and the Belgian colonies as Derby. The firm closed in 1902 and was purchased by Automoteurs which then relocated to Zaventem near Brussells in 1903 and merged with the Belgica automotive firm in 1906.
Georges Gaudy was a Belgian painter, poster artist and champion cyclist. His first poster was commissioned for the Brussels Velodrome and many of his works featured bicycle and car manufacturers. Gaudy was a member of the Société des Aquafortistes Belges and the Cercle Artistique et Litteraire de Bruxelles. Gaudy’s Art Nouveau style poster clearly demonstrates the influence of Japanese woodcut printing.
- The "Usines Delin Bicycles" Poster is a reproduction of a Vintage Advertising Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage Advertising Poster - Usines Delin Bicycles
- Designer: Advertising - Vintage
- Product Code: VAP-F-115_Usines-Delin_[Gaudy]
- Availability: In Stock