Angelus, liqueur of the Salesians - Vintage French Advertising Poster
Angelus, liqueur des salésiens de Dom Bosco by Leonetto CappielloA magnificent advertising poster created by Leonetto Cappiello, Published in 1911 by Etablissements Vercasson (Paris), for Angelus, liqueur of the Salesians of Dom Bosco religious order. The illustration depicts an acolyte (a person who assists a higher-ranking member of a church)in a red cassock swinging from the clapper of a bell.
The Salesians of Don Bosco, also known as the Salesian Society or Salesian Order. Officially named the Society of St Francis de Sales is a Roman Catholic Latin Rite religious institute founded in the late nineteenth century by Italian priest Saint John Bosco to help poor children during the Industrial Revolution.
The Salesians' charter describes the society's mission as "the Christian perfection of its associates obtained by the exercise of spiritual and corporal works of charity towards the young, especially the poor, and the education of boys to the priesthood". The institute is named after Francis de Sales, an early-modern bishop from Geneva..
Leonetto Cappiello was one of history’s finest Poster Artists. He succeeded lithographers Toulouse-Lautrec (1864-1901), Jules Cheret (1836-1932) and Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939) as a prominent advertising poster designer. While in Paris, Cappiello completed a number of poster designs for Italian publishers and global brand companies like Campari. Cappiello is to this day considered the father of modern advertising and was one of the most successful poster designers of the 20th century. He created more than 500 poster lithographs and influenced a new generation of graphic designers
- The "Angelus, liqueur of the Salesians" Poster is a reproduction of a Vintage French Advertising Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Angelus Liqueur - Vintage French Advertising Poster
- Designer: Advertising - Vintage
- Product Code: VFAP-122_Angelus-Liqueur-Salesians-Dom-Bosco_[Cappiello]
- Availability: In Stock