Bière du Fort-Carré - Vintage French Advertising Poster
Bière du Fort-Carré, St-Dizier by Leonetto CappielloA wonderful advertising poster created by Leonetto Cappiello, Published in 1912 by Etablissements Vercasson (Paris), for the Fort Carré Brewery.
The beer industry in Saint-Dizier dates back at least to the beginning of the 16th century. The Fort Carré brewery was founded in 1796 in Saint-Dizier in northern Haute-Marne, a region of north-eastern France situated on the Marne River and the Canal de la Marne à la Saône. The Brasserie du Fort Carré employed up to 1,500 employees at the height of its industrial activity which saw half a million hectoliters of beer come out of its tanks every year during the 1950’s.
Leonetto Cappiello was one of history’s finest Poster Artists. He succeeded lithographers Toulouse-Lautrec (1864-1901), Jules Cheret (1836-1932) and Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939) as a prominent advertising poster designer. While in Paris, Cappiello completed a number of poster designs for Italian publishers and global brand companies like Campari. Cappiello is to this day considered the father of modern advertising and was one of the most successful poster designers of the 20th century. He created more than 500 poster lithographs and influenced a new generation of graphic designers
- The "Biere du Fort-Carre, St-Dizier" Poster is a reproduction of a Vintage French Advertising Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Biere du Fort-Carre, St-Dizier - Vintage French Advertising Poster
- Designer: Advertising - Vintage
- Product Code: VFAP-124_Biere-du-Fort-Carre_[Cappiello]
- Availability: In Stock