Tasmania for the Angler - Vintage Australian Travel Poster
Tasmania - Australia - For The Angler.The original poster was created by Harry Garnet Kelly in the 1930's and the wonderful Colour lithograph was printed by Cox Kay Pty Ltd, Hobart, for the Tasmanian Government Tourist Bureau. During the 1920s and 1930s, E.T. Emmett and the TGTB promoted Tasmania as the 'Anglers' Paradise', this poster illustrated the message perfectly.
Evelyn Temple Emmett was the first Director of the TGTB (Tasmanian Government Tourist Bureau) and a pioneer founder of the Hobart Walking Club. He actively promoted skiing and bush-walking in the state and served on several National Park boards. Today he is look upon as one of the notable Tasmanians of his period and has been adopted as 'The Father of Tasmanian Tourism'. His name commemorates three stunning ecological locations:
- Mount Emmett in the Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park.
- Lake Emmett in Mount Field National Park.
- Emmetts Chamber in King Solomons Cave at Mole Creek.
"In June of last year en route from Cairo to Port Said, the train in which I was travelling stopped at a wayside station in the heart of the desert. There was nothing whatever to look at, except three posters on the wall of the sole building, which comprised the railway offices. Being struck with a certain familiarity in one of the posters I looked more closely, and discovered that it depicted an angler and an invitation to 'Come to Tasmania' for your holidays or words to that effect. How it found its way there seemed a mystery, and in vivid contrast to the heat and aridity of the desert, there arose before my mind's eye a vision of the coolness and charm of the Tasmanian Lakes."
L.A. Neilson, letter to the editor, Hobart Mercury, 12 April 1935
- The "Tasmania for the Angler" poster is a reproduction of an original Vintage Tasmanian Travel Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm].
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage Travel Poster - Tasmania for the Angler
- Product Code: VTP-AU-128 -Tasmania For The Angler
- Availability: In Stock