Bearings, For Sale Here - Vintage French Advertising Poster
Five and one half women on a bicycle built for fiveThe artwork for the original illustration was created by Charles Arthur Cox promoting Bearings magazine. Cox provided at least ten highly imaginative posters for the cycling journal Bearings in 1895 and for The Truth in 1896.
Bicycles were expensive and symbolised the new time for leisure during the late 1890's. Bearings was a magazine for bicycle enthusiasts and Charles A. Cox designed many of its posters, making bicycles an integral part of his designs. Bicycle manufacturers were among the few companies actively recruiting freelance artists to design posters, in preference to relying on printing-house designers. These posters were large in size and were intended for hoardings and the walls of shops.
- The "Bearings - For Sale Here" Poster is a reproduction of a Vintage Poster.
- This poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post and your print will be delivered in a postage tube for extra protection.
- Our online images are electronically watermarked, the actual purchased prints are not.
- Available Poster sizes: A4 [210 × 297mm], A3 [297 × 420mm], A2 [420 × 594mm], A1 [594 × 841mm] and A0 [841 × 1189mm]
- Click here to for the Print Size Guide for details.
Vintage Advertising Poster - Bearings For Sale Here
- Designer: Promotional - Vintage
- Product Code: VBI_125_Bearings-For-Sale-Here
- Availability: In Stock